CHI St. Alexius Health's Response to COVID-19
Hospitalized patients are especially susceptible to outside germs and are at high risk from the coronavirus.
To protect patients, staff and community, CHI St. Alexius Health has canceled all gatherings not directly related to patient care held inside and on the grounds of its facilities. This includes serving as a host site for support groups, community events, educational classes and tours.
In addition, hours of operations for some services including gift shops and visitor food services is limited. The Human Performance Center (HPC) gym is closed. And select vendor services, like flower delivery, take-out food delivery and pharmaceutical sales is not permitted. Regularly scheduled freight and shipping service deliveries will continue as normal.
These changes start immediately and last until further notice.
Since Monday, CHI St. Alexius Health has been restricting visitor access at its hospitals, clinics and Urgent Care locations. Entry points are limited and ALL visitors are screened before entering, even if the visitor will not come into direct contact with patients. No one under age 18 is allowed to visit.
If your visit to a CHI St. Alexius Health facility is discretionary, you are asked to help slow the spread of the coronavirus by staying home. Most things, like paying hospital bills and requesting medical records can be done online or by phone.
If you are unsure of cancellations or changes to services or operational hours, please call ahead.
At CHI St. Alexius Health Bismarck a few of the changes include, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Human Performance Center (HPC) Gym, CLOSED until further notice
Well Baby Clinic, Every Wednesday, CANCELED
For more information, please visit CHIStAlexiusHealth.org
More about CHI St. Alexius Health Visitor Restrictions:
· Visitors are limited to two adults per patient.
· Those visiting patients in isolation rooms will be required to wear protective equipment, such as gloves, gowns, masks and eyewear.
· Visitors to pediatric and NICU patients must be parents or legal guardians
All visitors will be screened for risk of COVID-19 before entering the hospital. Visitors who are screened and are considered high risk for COVID-19 will be referred to appropriate follow up care.
Please do not visit if:
· You have fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or flu-like symptoms (symptoms of respiratory infection).
For all visitors, please follow these important recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Use good hand hygiene, either washing hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Cover your coughs and sneezes by coughing and sneezing into your elbow.
· Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
For more information about the CDC and the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for all America visit: https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/03.16.20_coronavirus-guidance_8.5x11_315PM.pdf