STREET SWEEPING TO BEGIN MONDAY, APRIL 27TH --BISMARCK, ND
The City of Bismarck Street Department will begin the city-wide street sweeping project on Monday, April 27. Streets will be swept in the order that follows, as long as weather permits. It will take approx. 4 to 10 days in each area.
Sweeping Guidelines for Residents and Businesses
* Keep vehicles and trailers off the street until sweepers are done in your area, if possible.
* Do not rake sand or debris from your boulevard into the street.
* Do not to rake or blow leaves or grass into the street.
* Grass clippings plug our storm water system. Keep grass clippings out of the gutter line and street. Adopt an Inlet
Sweeping Days & Times
Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Crews will begin on the east border of the area and move west bound.
Apr 27-May 8
Boulevard Avenue to Main Avenue from East City Limits to West City Limits
Century Avenue to Interstate 94 from State Street to West City Limits
Interstate 94 to Divide Avenue from East City Limits to West City Limits
Main Avenue to Bismarck Expressway from East City Limits to West City Limits
North City Limits to Century Avenue from East City Limits to State Street
North City Limits to Century Avenue from State Street to West City Limits
Bismarck Expressway to South City Limits from East City Limits to West City Limits
Divide Avenue to Boulevard Avenue and Highland Acres Area from East City Limits to West City Limits
Street Sweeping Tips
* Street sweeping operations can be dangerous.
* Parents are advised to keep children away from all street sweeping operations.
* Stones and other flying debris could be hazardous. Motorists should drive with caution when passing street sweepers.
* Maintenance areas tend to be dusty and visibility may be restricted.